Although Windstream announced fixed wireless’ entry into 40 new markets in 2016, including Cincinnati, it appears to finally be coming to fruition in 2018 for the Queen City. ATC anticipates a rollout in the 2nd or 3rd quarter this year.
Windstream’s Fixed Wireless technology provides carrier-grade Ethernet connectivity and network diversity delivered by digital microwave technology. It’s an ideal solution for high-capacity applications in private Metro Area Networks supporting Voice, Private Line, Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Dedicated Internet services. Fixed Wireless service is delivered with 100% access diversity from traditional local exchange carrier fiber routes, providing a high-speed access alternative for businesses needing more robust connectivity and a ‘fast-track’ installation and Internet access option.
This solution from Windstream will be a great supplement to existing connectivity from an alternative provider, giving you a totally diverse, backup circuit. You will have the ability to maintain uninterrupted connectivity to mission-critical business applications. Throw in SD-WAN, aggregate the diverse circuits, and you will be golden. Too many applications are cloud based and too many services are web based…. the goal of 100% uptime requires not just redundancy, but also access diversity. Learn more… contact ATC to take the next step.
Windstream Fixed Wireless Features and Benefits:
- Network Diversity: Diverse “last mile” access ensures your high-availability network is operational in the event of a wireline outage
- Fast Installation/Rapid Deployment: Installed and operational in 45 days or less
- Minimal Upfront Investment: Fully managed solution with no expensive build costs
- Scalable Bandwidth: Speeds from 1 Mbps to 1GigE
- Full Service: Supports private line, MPLS with Quality of Service (QoS), Voice (SIP or TDM) and dedicated Internet
- Enterprise Service Level Agreement (SLA): Supports carrier-grade SLAs for high-quality service and high-performance metrics with online performance reporting
- 24 x 7 Support: Offers network reliability and security with around-the-clock NOC and field technician service
- Secure: Delivered to the rooftop using encrypted line-of-sight connectivity
- Short-Term Event Service: Temporary, scalable, secure on-demand Internet service available for conventions, conferences, trade shows, concerts, sports and other short-term entertainment and special events