Even with the recent advent of tablets, smartphones and the influx of new technology revelations, telephony still remains an integral part of the communication spectrum for a vast majority of businesses.
A hosted PBX is also called a cloud or a virtual PBX which is handled off-site by your VoIP provider. It divides the main telephony line into extensions connecting internal/external calls through these extensions.
It is one of the most recently advanced spin offs of business VoIP technology. Here’s a look at what makes it a potent business weapon:
1. Make You Money Efficient:
- With hosted PBX’s cost efficiency prowess, this was destined to be at the top of the pecking order. A hosted PBX is going to make you financially stable and respectable.
- Basic cost savings- With a hosted PBX system at your disposal, your whole enterprise telephony system is handled and maintained by your provider which nullifies the upfront investments in purchasing an office telephone system.
- Periodical monthly savings- All one needs is a VoIP handset and a data connection bringing down the monthly communication service expenditure.
- Basically, there is no capital expense or maintenance expense or any additional costs, so you have the financial freedom to use those extra tons of bills towards your company’s growth.
2. Physical Presence Is No Longer a Necessity:
- Employees can work from anywhere in the world as the basis of your office phone is virtual now. Through smartphones or tablets or other devices compatible with the Internet, a hosted PBX promotes geographical flexibility which is as good as actually being there physically.
3. Bundles of Scalability:
- Can you accurately predict where your business will be 10 years down the line? A hosted PBX provides unparalleled scalability by adding or deleting extensions whenever necessary. One can dial up or tone down their telephony services as per requirement.
- That means if you’re planning to open a second location or you’re shutting down for a holiday, you’ll know that you’re in the safe hands of a PBX hosted system.
(Original article can be found here.)
4. User-Friendly Interface:
- A hosted PBX changes the feel of the whole enterprise by making it user-friendly and easy to use. The end user management process is no longer complex. Anyone can manage, modify and monitor the services at anytime without any technical know-how or past experience.
- The influx of smartphones has further revolutionized the system by bringing the office right to your pockets. Furthermore, new technologies like video conferencing help move the business forward in a positive direction.
5. Decreases Dependence on the IT Department:
- Users can be added, deleted or modified at will along with incorporating additional features or services without any staff support.
- All you need is a secure web based interface to administer the whole PBX system. It provides a built-in IT department that implements troubleshooting periodically.
- Precisely, your whole IT department could be on vacation throughout the year and you wouldn’t even notice. How incredibly cool is that?
6. Crisis Is Just Another Word:
- Yes, it is true! The word ‘Crisis’ would no longer be a part of your dictionary.
- Emergency failures would become extinct if you employ a hosted PBX system.
- In the face of failure, if your base site goes down you won’t be out of business. Instead, your calls can be automatically routed to a new location using a new phone number till your site is up and running quickly.
- It provides business continuity come what may. So, are you actually in crisis? Think again.
A hosted PBX system is being lauded by many as the next big thing in the worldwide IT industry. It has taken the world by storm and this is no exaggeration.
In the coming decade, almost every major business is going to be entirely based upon a hosted PBX’s VoIP technology. The question is- Are you big enough?