Financial Readiness = Mission Readiness
ATC recently launched a campaign to support the Better Business Bureau’s (BBB) Military Line. This BBB program has provided free resources since 2004 to our military communities in the areas of financial literacy and consumer protection.
The five main components of the program are:
- Education – Local BBBs on and around military installations teach financial readiness classes to service members.
- Outreach – The BBB attends and supports community fairs, conferences and other events, speaking with service members and distributing information.
- Information – The BBB website provides a one stop shop for articles, links and consumer alerts for each branch of service. Check out the resources page for free consumer guides written just for military members and find them on Facebook and Twitter.
- Data Collection – The BBB analyzes data to help identify the threats and needs of our military community in the marketplace.
- Complaint and Dispute Resolution – Filing a complaint with BBB helps military consumers resolve disputes and alert us to issues affecting the military community at large.
ATC won the BBB’s Torch Award for marketplace ethics in 2009.